Pacquiao vs Marquez 3

Every latest news and updates, watch videos, pictures and analysis

Monday, August 29, 2011

Marquez will take a beating - Doug Fischer

pacquiao vs marquez

"Thanks for the RingTV show and your work with RingTV.com. I noticed that you've been completely writing off Juan Manuel Marquez against Manny Pacquiao this coming November. Although I agree that Marquez doesn't perform as nearly as well at a higher weight, we only have his performance against Mayweather (the most gifted boxer out there) to use as a comparison. But nonetheless, Marquez went 12 rounds with Floyd Jr. (and Manny ain't no Mayweather). In my opinion, Marquez is a more technically skilled -- not athletically skilled -- fighter than Pacquiao and if he succeeds in making it a boxing match and in controlling tempo as Erik Morales did, we'll have a new Mexican welterweight champion in a few months. -- John, Santa Paula, CA"

You’re absolutely right, John. I am writing Marquez off in his third bout with Pacquiao and I hate myself for doing it because I have so much respect for him.

However, I can’t get the image of Marquez getting shaken by punches from Juan Diaz and dropped hard on his ass by Michael Katsidis in LIGHTWEIGHT bouts. Now he’s going to face Pacquiao at a weight that his arch rival has proven the ability to hurt naturally bigger fighters -- and not just any fighters -- tough, proud world-class veterans (Cotto, Margarito, and Mosley). He made Cotto and Mosley basically b___h out after dropping them early.

I’m not even factoring in Marquez’s fight with Mayweather, who never tried to take out the Mexican veteran (but probably could have). “Manny an’t no Mayweather?” Um, yeah. Pacquiao lets his hands go. Maybe that will give Marquez an opportunity to clip him with counter punches. We’ll see (PacMan’s aggressive nature was supposedly going to give Mosley a shot, too, remember?). I don’t see Marquez playing it safe against Pacquiao if he gets hurt the way Sugarless Shane did, and thus I see him taking a beating. I hope I’m wrong. I hope we get a good fight.


Source: ringtv

2 comments:

  1. Simple mathmatical analysis: Mayweather carried Marquez. Pacquiao fights at a different dimension now than he did in 2008, in the lower weight divisions. Manny stops Marquez within 10 rounds, with extreme ease if no KO or TKO in the first four rounds. Provided, and I say provided, Manny had no physical issues nor mental / conditioning during training. Marquez just may be hospitalized before heading to the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This November 12 at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas Nevada, Pacquiao and Marquez will be having their third fight, Everyone called this a judgement day! be their, get a free VIP ticket for just $10. I just sign up on this link http://www.gogvm.com/membership/buytickets.php and crossing my fingers for me to win October 25, 2011Contest closing date.

    ReplyDelete