Pacquiao vs Marquez 3

Every latest news and updates, watch videos, pictures and analysis

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Juan Manuel Marquez: I'm very focused on beating Ramos

By Jhonny Gonzalez

Juan Manuel Marquez is ready to put on an impressive performance against Colombia's Likar Ramos on the 16th of July in Cancun, Mexico. Marquez is already set for the fight of his dreams, a trilogy meeting with WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao on November 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Marquez wants everyone to know that he is very focused on beating Ramos because Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has advised him that a loss would cost him the third meeting with Pacquiao.

"I hope to win so I can think about the next fight, because it's going to be an important one. Likar is a strong fighter and we are preparing in the best way possible for this fight. It's a fight I really want to win because a lot of people have asked me if this fight is even important because on November 12 I'll be going against Pacquiao" Marquez explained.

"To get to the fight on November 12, I must first overcome the first obstacle in Ramos. I can't think of the [Pacquiao] fight because I have not finished [the one with Ramos]. With Pacquiao it will be a very good fight but also complicated because it's going to be at a different weight but I want to be victorious."

Source: boxingscene.com

No comments:

Post a Comment